As part of our continuing support for outreach and education, the WGL-ASPRS Region Board established a program to provide financial support for students actively engaged in the ASPRS organization.
Up to three awards of $500.00 each will be made to support travel for undergraduate or graduate students who plan on participating in an eligible conference in 2016.
Selection for reimbursement will be competitive, and will require at a minimum, student membership in ASPRS and confirmed participation as a volunteer or presenter at the ASPRS National Conference or another eligible conference in 2016.
Eligibility: Any student attending a private or public university within the WGL Region; ASPRS student member in good standing.
- Preference given to ASPRS-sponsored events, but any conference focused on photogrammetry and remote sensing will be considered.
- Student must demonstrate substantial involvement at that event (i.e. more than a poster presentation). Presentation of a paper, substantial volunteer work are good examples.
- Selections will NOT be based on financial need.
- When the number of applications exceeds the available funds, the selection committee will competitively award using the following guidelines:
- Priority given to presentations related to photogrammetry or remote sensing topics.
- Other closely-related topics.
- Amount of other participation in the conference.
Please note, we do NOT have an application form to fill out. To apply, please provide the following:
- A letter stating what your presentation topic is and how it is related to your field of study. The letter should include:
- The event name and dates of your presentation.
- Are you volunteering in any other capacity at the event?
- Are you presenting a poster?
- Are you currently a ASPRS student member? Are you a member of an ASPRS student chapter?
- If applicable, a letter or e-mail confirming that your have been selected to speak.
- Your resume, including the degree you are currently seeking.
Please send your application materials to WGL Treasurer Jim Lacy by 5:00 p.m. on Friday March 11th.